Toughened Laminated Glass is designed to meet high strength, structural or wind load requirements and an increasing architectural demand for larger more open living spaces that provide more natural daylight.
Toughened Laminated Glass is the perfect match for this new direction in design because of the increased strength and safety it offers. In the event of breakage, toughened laminated glass will remain in one piece, staying in tact preventing the broken glass falling and potentially causing injury.
Further customization is possible by the addition of a wide range of coloured, acoustic and performance interlayers that provide increased strength, safety, energy efficiency and noise reduction.
For ultimate performance, safety and noise reduction incorporate your toughened laminated glass into a K&K Insulated Glass Unit.
Features & Benefits
- Designed to meet high strength, structural or wind load requirements
- Available in standard 7.52mm and 13.52mm or can be custom laminated to suit any application
- Safety - will remain in one piece providing staying intact and holding the load imposed preventing broken glass falling and potentially causing injury
- Reduces UV radiation by 99%, increasing the life of the furniture in your home or building
- Improved noise reduction noise levels when compared to annealed or toughened glass
- Can be used in single glazing or combined with K&K a performance IGU to increase energy efficiency added safety and noise reduction
- Frameless pool fencing
- Framed & Frameless balustrades Glass Roofing
- Specialised threat locations – jails, police stations, youth detention etc…
- Free standing, handrail free
- Infinity edges, aquariums, marine
- Shopfront windows and doors
- Retail counters
- Jewellery counters
- Pay booths
Toughened laminates are supplied with 1.52mm interlayer.
Typical configurations are 9.52mm, 11.52mm, 13.52mm and up to 25.52mm.
Custom 2.28mm and 3.04mm interlayers can be supplied for added security and strength.
Consider incorporating ClearView Low Iron float to enhance the high light transmission often required in retail applications.
For ultimate performance, combine your toughened laminated glass with a K&K insulated glass unit.