SentryGlas® interlayers are used in custom laminated glass applications to help architects, designers and manufacturers meet the increasing need for improved security, energy efficiency and safety.
SentryGlas® interlayers are five times stronger and up to 100 times stiffer than standard PVB interlayers and toughened PVB laminates. With this superior strength, SentryGlas® interlayers help create stronger laminated glass for protection from the elements like storms, impacts, threats and flying projectiles.
In addition to its strength, SentryGlas® retains exceptional clarity providing a superior long lasting product ideal for architectural applications like skywalks, floors, floating stairs, glass canopies and is ideal for frameless glass balustrades, specially designed so that if the glass is damaged and breaks it will stay intact and hold the load imposed preventing glass falling and injuring and causing injury.
Features and Benefits:
- Incorporates new generation ionoplast interlayer - 100 times stiffer than standard PVB laminate
- Exceptional clarity providing a superior long lasting product
- Grade A safety glass manufactured to AS/NZ2208
- Available in standard 7.52mm and 13.52mm or can be custom laminated to suit any application
- Protection from the elements like storms, impacts, threats and flying projectiles
- Designed to stay intact (when broken) & hold the load imposed preventing glass falling & potential injury
- Reduces UV radiation by 99%, increasing the life of the furniture in your home or building
- Improved noise reduction noise levels when compared to annealed or toughened glass
- Can be used in single glazing or combined with K&K a performance IGU to increase energy efficiency added safety and noise reduction
SentryGlas® can be used in many laminated glass applications where single toughened or PVB furnaced laminated glass can’t meet the structural or wind load requirements.
- Hurricane resistant windows
- Doors and skylights
- Bomb blast resistant windows
- Windows, doors and facades
- Minimally supported and open-edged railings, facades and canopies
- Structural glass flooring, stairs, walkways and pedestrian bridges
SentryGlas® toughened laminates are supplied with minimum 1.52mm interlayer.
Typical configurations are 9.52mm, 11.52mm, 13.52mm and up to 25.52mm.
Custom 2.28mm and 3.04mm interlayers can be supplied for added security and strength.
Consider incorporating ClearView Low Iron float to enhance the high light transmission often required in retail applications.
For ultimate performance, combine SentryGlas® with a K&K insulated glass unit.